Follow the link and follow the steps to reciprocal teaching. As you read make a list of pronouns that you come across.
Follow the link to identify the cohesive ties in the text!
Click the link and complete the homophones activity.
A new HOTmaths task has been set. It is due 12th May.
A Hotmaths task will be set to complete for homework over the holidays. You will also be required to complete one reading summary and one vocab word. It’s also really important you keep reading over the holidays!
Have a fantastic and relaxing break,
A HotMaths task has been set. This task is due Friday 24th March.
Here is a copy of the Café menu. This is where students select their reading goals from. There are 4 parts to the menu: Comprehension, Accuracy, Fluency and Vocabulary.
Your child may come home with a Café strategy to practise. We ask that parents work with their child to practise the strategy to help them achieve their reading goal.
This year we have established the following guidelines and expectations around 3/4 student’s homework.
Students need to
- READ for at least 30 minutes every night. Book titles need to be recorded on the title tally list in student’s homework books.
- One summary per week about the book that students are currently reading.
- Select one new word from their just right book to investigate, in order to expand their vocabulary. The outline of the aspects of the word they need to investigate is added below.
- Expanding Our Vocabulary Homework outline-1dsn26y
- HOTmaths tasks will be given every couple of weeks. Students will be told when a task is “live”. Students can go onto HOTmaths to revise at anytime by navigating the website.
- Homework should be handed in on Fridays and books will be returned on Mondays.
We have all settled in well to the new school year. We have been busy setting up our classroom together and getting to know our new environment. Please check the blog regularly to keep up to date with any important information. Attached is the 3/4 handbook. It is important that you read through it carefully and familiarise yourself with the various aspects of the school year.