This year we have established the following guidelines and expectations around 3/4 student’s homework.
Students need to
- READ for at least 30 minutes every night. Book titles need to be recorded on the title tally list in student’s homework books.
- One summary per week about the book that students are currently reading.
- Select one new word from their just right book to investigate, in order to expand their vocabulary. The outline of the aspects of the word they need to investigate is added below.
- Expanding Our Vocabulary Homework outline-1dsn26y
- HOTmaths tasks will be given every couple of weeks. Students will be told when a task is “live”. Students can go onto HOTmaths to revise at anytime by navigating the website.
- Homework should be handed in on Fridays and books will be returned on Mondays.
As we have been working on test wise behaviours and the genre of test, we are coming into the home stretch of preparation for NAPLAN. It might be useful for students to look at a couple of practise tests over the weekend if they feel they would like to. NAPLAN takes a snapshot of student learning from foundation until the beginning of year 3- please keep this in mind when talking about it with your child. Nerves for some students will be normal but we have worked hard to help students feel calm and prepared.
Please be assured that after our preparation session today, students are feeling ready and confident to have a go!
The 3/4 teaching team @ MPPS
A new HOTmaths task has been set. It is due 12th May.
A Hotmaths task will be set to complete for homework over the holidays. You will also be required to complete one reading summary and one vocab word. It’s also really important you keep reading over the holidays!
Have a fantastic and relaxing break,
A HotMaths task has been set. This task is due Friday 24th March.
Here is a copy of the Café menu. This is where students select their reading goals from. There are 4 parts to the menu: Comprehension, Accuracy, Fluency and Vocabulary.
Your child may come home with a Café strategy to practise. We ask that parents work with their child to practise the strategy to help them achieve their reading goal.
CAFE Menu copy-tyiexs
We have all settled in well to the new school year. We have been busy setting up our classroom together and getting to know our new environment. Please check the blog regularly to keep up to date with any important information. Attached is the 3/4 handbook. It is important that you read through it carefully and familiarise yourself with the various aspects of the school year.