This year we have established the following guidelines and expectations around 3/4 student’s homework.
Students need to
- READ for at least 30 minutes every night. Book titles need to be recorded on the title tally list in student’s homework books.
- One summary per week about the book that students are currently reading.
- Select one new word from their just right book to investigate, in order to expand their vocabulary. The outline of the aspects of the word they need to investigate is added below.
- Expanding Our Vocabulary Homework outline-1dsn26y
- HOTmaths tasks will be given every couple of weeks. Students will be told when a task is “live”. Students can go onto HOTmaths to revise at anytime by navigating the website.
- Homework should be handed in on Fridays and books will be returned on Mondays.
Read about what life was like on a convict ship and the conditions on board.
Write any interesting facts or questions you have in your Integrated Studies book.
Investigate the ships of the First Fleet. Explore who and what was on each of the ships.
With your partner, answer the following questions:
List some of the items that were bought on the First Fleet?
Why do you think they chose those items?
Do you think any of these items were unnecessary? Why?
Do you think the British prepared well for life once they arrived in Australia?
Explore the life of John Walker by reading this story.
Answer these questions with your partner in your Integrated Studies book.
- What factors led to John Walker’s crime of stealing onions?
- How do you feel about what John Walker did?
- What does the evidence tell you about the kind of person he was?
- What might happen to John Walker if he committed this crime today?
Follow the link and read to find out some information about Dreamtime Stories
As we have been working on test wise behaviours and the genre of test, we are coming into the home stretch of preparation for NAPLAN. It might be useful for students to look at a couple of practise tests over the weekend if they feel they would like to. NAPLAN takes a snapshot of student learning from foundation until the beginning of year 3- please keep this in mind when talking about it with your child. Nerves for some students will be normal but we have worked hard to help students feel calm and prepared.
Please be assured that after our preparation session today, students are feeling ready and confident to have a go!
The 3/4 teaching team @ MPPS